Getting a Replacement Social Security Card

Getting a Replacement Social Security Card

Kansas requires proof of a Social Security Number to get a permit or license. To fulfill this requirement, you either need to present an original Social Security Card or a Tax Return (that displays your full SSN). If you have misplaced or lost the card, no need to worry you can get a replacement one for free. To get a replacement Social Security card in Kansas, you can follow these steps:

  1. Go to
  2. Complete the Application: Fill out the Application for a Social Security Card (Form SS-5). This can be filled out on the website or you can download the form and fill it out.
  3. Gather Required Documents: You will need to provide documents to prove your identity, age, and U.S. citizenship or lawful immigration status. Keep in mind if you are replacing a minor’s card, the parent will also have to prove their identity as well. Examples of acceptable documents include a U.S. passport, birth certificate, or Certificate of Naturalization.
  4. Submit Your Application: Take your completed application and original documents (or copies certified by the issuing agency) to your local SSA office. Make sure to also bring a proof of identity document for yourself, such as a driver’s license or passport.
  5. Wait for Your Card: After submitting your application, your replacement Social Security card should arrive by mail within 10-14 business days.
  6. Important Information: There is no fee to get a replacement Social Security card. Also, the SSA limits the number of replacement cards you can receive to three per year and ten per lifetime.

Classes are 8am to 4pm held at:

11221 Roe Ave Leawood, KS 66211 (inside the University of Saint Mary)

Call us directly.913-599-6818